Follow along, It'll be fun!!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

A new beginning!


When one door closes another one opens!

Here I am again! Why am I starting a new blog? Because my old one, of almost two years and over 300 posts, has been removed by blogger. I'm not 100% sure why it was removed, something about it being hacked I think. I have looked into getting it back but it doesn't look promising.

When I first discovered that my blog was gone I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. It documented my life for the past two years, my creative endeavors. I had 28 wonderful followers. My blog was linked to some terrific blogs. And I had a list of links to some very inspiring blogs. But now all of that is gone.:( I hope to be able to contact some of these people so they know where I am.)

On to the new!! It's time to rebuild! My new blog Chalk it up! My family and I have been faced with a lot of rebuilding lately. My husband lost his job several months ago and we decided to view it as an opportunity to start fresh and make our dreams come true. On my old blog I was documenting the journey, of starting our own bagel business. Now I will begin to document the new blog journey and new found opportunity of starting my own internet business. This new business has to do with chalking it up!

I am recycling old frames to make vintage, decorative chalkboards. I'm working on some chalkboards, to be posted soon and listed in my new etsy shop. I hope you will join me on my journey of new beginnings.

As many of you knew, the thought of losing your blog can be unsettling. I would love for this blog to serve as an inspiration in finding opportunity in adversity (granted, losing your blog isn't the greatest adversity but I think you get the idea)

So please join me on my journey by following (hint) along and helping me rebuild my blog life. I hope to have new and fun features too, like giveaways!!

Thank you,
Cindy:)

UPDATE:
It is July 5 2009, you may be visiting from Our Chaotic Life's McLinky Weekly Blog Hop.
As you can see, my blog is doing well. I actually love my new blog even more than my old one. Sometimes things that look like problems actually turn old to be blessings in disguise. As the top of this post says "When one door closes another one opens" If you are going through something in your life right now that seems terrible, please remember there is always hope and if you look at your current situation as an opportunity for something new, rather than just a sorrowful misfortune, you are bound to find a sliver lining in your cloud. Hang in there and never surrender!

I just created a blog award, inspired by one of my wonderful followers. It is for all of the social butterflies who love to blog hop.

Everyone who reads this post will recieve this award, because the only reason you would be arriving at the very first post of my blog is because you are social butterfly blogger.

So please take this award. You have earned it! And give it out freely!
Posted by Picasa


Here's how this award will work.

The recipient, of this award, will mention any events, parties, or activities, *anything with a mister linky* that they may participate in.

Give this award to 3 people who have also participated in the activity

*Really the number of awards you give out is totally up to you*

Also, post this award on your blog and mention and link it back to the person who gave it to you!

I hope to see butterflies everywhere!

To me, butterflies symbolize a rebirth much like my blog! (Ironic)

11 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Cindy, I just saw you on SITS! That is AWFUL! I would be devastated if I lost my blog too. Two years and almost 300 posts. I don't even want to think about it.

Good luck to you in your new endeavors.

ch said...

Thank you Karen. You are a sweetheart for being my first follower:)

I'll be hopping over to your blog!

Have a great day!
Cindy

Housewife Savant said...

I just came over from SITS to show a little SITSter love.
I can't imagine losing my blog, all the followed favorites and favorite followers. EGADS!
I'm sure you'll be back in the swing o' things in no time.
Blog on!

MyCondo1 said...

Cindy,
this is great, me and dad were very upset when your blog was removed but you are back and we love it, GO GIRL!!!!
Mom

Ronnica said...

Came over from SITS...I can't imagine what it would be like to loose my blog! So much of "me" is in it!

DreamgirlLisa said...

I just found your blog today from the link on Creaitivity Fit. I look forward to reading more, best of luck to you.
Lisa
www.DreamgirlLisa-LovingthisLife.blogspot.com

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

My oh my! Having your blog get "lost" would be disheartening. Do you have something to "save" this one from such a fate?

If so, please let me know... I have just started, but it takes me soooo crazy long to put up a post...that I know that I would, at least initially, have to cry!

This blog looks great! And it looks like you got so many followers in a short amount of time!

Blessings & Aloha!

scrappysue said...

if i lost my blog, i would DFINITELY cry! here from sits - love your attitude and your blog too!

Nicole @ WhenDidIBecomeMyMom.com said...

I can't imagine losing my blog, and it's only been 2 months! I think your art is gorgeous! I wish I click on them to see them bigger. You're a great artist!

I'm going to read on, but I hope your business is doing well and congrats on a wonderful attitude in the face of adversity.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :-)

glenna said...

Gosh, I didn't even know one could lose their blog like that. How awful, but it looks like you've made up for it! This one looks great!

Nancy said...

Sorry you lost your blog but you seem to be handling it well. Is there a way to assure that a blog is "safe"? Can the posts be downloaded to one's own computer? Nancy