All of the pieces created were auctioned off at the festival. They did not ask me to do it again this year. I'm a little sad but also a little relieved, it was a major commitment.
I posted these projects on my other blog Art Spectrum(now gone). I will post another one of these group projects next week.
1. Painters canvas drop clothe 6'x8'
2. Canvas Sheets (you can by a pad at a craft store)
4. Acrylic paints
5. Mod Podge
1. Prime canvas
2. Block in colors with paint
3. Cut flowers, leaves and squares out of canvas sheets
4. Have students paint cutouts
5. Glue painted cutouts to canvas.
6. Make tabs out of canvas and sew to tapestry
7. Varnish tapestry
8. Slide wooden dowel through tabs
9. Drill hole at the ends of dowel. Thread rope through and knot ends
10.Hang and admire!
See more creative ideas at
I also started another new blog Doodle it up!! I hope you'll stop by and check it out!:)