Follow along, It'll be fun!!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer activities begin!

Today began our first week of summer vacation!
The boys started on the summer team today and loved it! I hope the enthusiasm lasts:) As I mentioned in an earlier post, they will be swimming 5 days a week for one hour. Should be great exercise and discipline!
Photobucket
I am also trying to sneak in a little learning. This is where chalkboards come in handy. Great visuals. If I ever go back to teaching I think I will give every student an 11"x14" unframed chalkboard as a learning tool. I think a teacher of any subject could use individual chalkboards as a valuable tool. Think of the possibilities!
Everyday I write the Spanish word of the day. Today's word is evitar meaning to avoid or prevent. I also added el verano (summer) and la natation (swimming). A couple of relevant words sprinkled in here and there can't hurt. And crazy mommy like to sing them- Swimming, Swimming la natacion... I'm using SpanishDict.com for translation.
Well, day one was a success! How's your el verano going?:)

No comments: