Follow along, It'll be fun!!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Room for Art

This is my soon-to-be Art Studio/Classroom! It is also where much of our chalkboard production takes place.

Photobucket

I think there is potential here. With a few changes of added and deleted pieces of furniture, I will make a room for art! Room for creating my own artwork and room to give art lessons.

I also have to consider some additional lighting. I may paint two of the walls white to be a crisp clean backdrop for the artwork. The piano will be going, no one plays it, and I may have to move my craigslist loveseat to another room. In the center of the room will be a table and chairs for students to work.

I've been gathering inspiration on this great new site that I found through one of this weeks SITS featured bloggers. It's called Pinterest.com. Here is my inspiration board for my studio.

Pinterest is like an online vision board! I love it! Thank you Lisa from Surviving Oz

This summer is becoming one of action for me. We are going through some changes around here and we have decided that WORRYING accomplishes nothing, ACTION accomplishes everything.

I was hoping to be teaching art in the public school this year; however, the position went to a art teacher who lost their position at another school, so by default he/she got the job. It was not much consolation when the principal told me if not for the school district rule I would have been his first choice. I decided not to wait for somebody to tell me when I can teach.

It's time to take matters into my own hands and teach what I love. Hopefully in a few weeks the studio will be ready for students!

Visit Mary's Little Red House for Mosaic Monday!

Stay tuned...

6 comments:

Dani P. said...

I am sure, the room will be great ! White walls definitely !

Nancy said...

Can't wait to see what you do to your room. I have turned my dining room into my art studio. With it being open to the living room, having a window wall and three doors, there is not much wall space to put storage on. As a result, it is a rather messy place. Maybe I can get some ideas from your redo!
Nancy

SHARM said...

Hello I am visiting from SITS... I am positive you are going to make great makeover and can't wait to see it...I am always wrking on creating places for my children...

24/7 MOMS said...

You are amazingly creative can't wait to see the final results of your re-do

Anonymous said...

I want to wish you much success with your studio. I, too, am kicking around the idea of starting my own business and have been binge reading Entrepreneur and Inc. for inspiration :)

Mila from http://hereundertherainbow.blogspot.com

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS! I love your chalkboard idea! I hope you get a teaching job soon!