Follow along, It'll be fun!!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mosaic Monday!

These pictures were taken at night during one of my Creatively Fit walks this weekend. These pictures are so much fun to take. Everyone should give this a try! I call this dancing with your camera:) Or spin art photography!
Photobucket

Head on over to Mary's little red house to see more fabulous Mosaics!

Some of you have asked how I achieve this effect. Actually, my 8 year old son showed me how to do it!
It's very easy. I use a point and shoot camera. Just go outside at night and point your camera at the street lights or passing cars. I set my camera on a setting that doesn't use the flash(play with the different setting for different effects). Click and move your camera. The shutter will stay opened longer because of the low lighting conditions. This will cause the light to streak. Depending on how you move your arm, you will get different effects! It's fun and addictive! So, go out there and dance with your camera. I'd love to see your results!:)

8 comments:

Jeanne said...

Cool!

visit me at....
http://www.jeanneselep.blogspot.com/

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Very differentmosaic! How did you set your camera to get those effects? Love it!

happy Mosaic Monday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy, thanks for your visit. I do like that mosaic. I am gonna give that a try! I am a budding artist. Been studying art for almost 2 years. I will never stop unless I become unable to go to classes. Come by again.
QMM

Rebekah@Red's Nest said...

Very cool. Now you must tell us how you accomplished this. Great mosaic.

Carol at Serendipity said...

Great mosaic! How do you do that - I hope you will share!

Carol

Claudia said...

How cool is this???

love your artistic nature.

Stop by and say hi if you have a moment.

TTFN~~ Claudia ♥ ♥

eileeninmd said...

Very artsy and fun! Great mosaic.

Valerie said...

Cindy -
Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving your thoughts. It was very much appreciated. I love your dancing with your camera pictures. I am going to have to try that for sure!