Follow along, It'll be fun!!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Getting creative with paint on Halloween

From costumes to door decorations paint is the simplest and cheapest way to get some great effects!

A little facepaint and a skillful hand can turn a cute costume into a WOW costume!
I love this costume that my son wore when he was four. Holding his sweet little face in my hand, while I painting his whiskers and stripes, is a memory that I will cherish forever:)

Photobucket

But the kiddos are getting older and not as eager to have me paint their faces anymore:(

This year I painted a door decor. This was a quick and inexpensive way to add a little creepiness to the festivities this evening.

For this project all I needed (were things I already had)

Roll of white craft paper
Black craft paint
Some old brushes
Tape
A spooky picture for inspiration
About one hour of time
A black light


This picture served as inspiration

Photobucket

With properly placed positive and negative space and a few painting techniques, dry brush and texture rubbing, here is the finish painting.


Photobucket
I will hang this painting on the outside of my front door this evening with a black light replacing the porch light. Hopefully it will give the effect that I'm looking for. A little ghostly spirit to greet our trick or treaters!

This is day two of SITS (the greatest blog on the web)giveaway contest!

Happy Halloween! I hope you get lots of treats!

3 comments:

Metro DC Mom said...

Wow! That's the kind of talent I totally lack. ;o)

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Unknown said...

Love the painting! good luck with the contest, Stopping by from SITS.

Kita said...

If I was a little kid that would totally creep me out! We barely had any kids here and almost none of our neighbors handed out candy. Oh wells.

Kita@passthesushi.com