Follow along, It'll be fun!!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

How to stay young!

Always keep learning! Take a class every now and then. Try something you've never done before. It's not about how tight your skin is, it's about how you view the world. When you're young everything is new. The world is more exciting and you are less jaded. When you are learning something new you are recapturing that youthful energy. The bonus of learning something new when you are a little older is that you bring some experience that allows you to build on past knowledge. They say youth is wasted on the young. Well not anymore!

I have mentioned before, I started taking Digital Media classes at my local College. I am fortuneate enough to live very close to a school with an excellent Digital Media Program.

Yesterday I completed my third and fourth classes, Vector Graphics I(Adobe Illustrator) and Intro to Digital Media.

I now am proficient in four programs, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Maya 3-D modelling and animation, and InDesign. In addition to a good education, I have made some wonderful new friends, and learned from talented, dedicated and supportive teachers!

It has been a year of growth!

A few weeks ago my school had a really fun event for the Digital Media Art program. It was call "Freaks and Geek." There were gaming contest, graphic art challenges, a juried art show and awards for artwork. It was a wonderful evening! I brought the kids and they even had fun! Two of my art pieces were chosen for the show! And I received an award for one of them!

Photobucket



This is the piece that I received the award for:
Photobucket

I plan on taking more classes in the Spring. I'm not sure which ones yet, but I'm sure it will be fun!

It's amazing, no matter how old you are, you just keep learning and growing. It keeps you young!:)

3 comments:

Terry said...

Howdy
Amen to learning it is a true fountain of youth .
Congratulations on your wonderful achievments this year and your awesome award !
Thank you for sharing this great post .
We all need inspiration .
Have a truly blessed December.
Until next time
Happy Trails

Shannon Entin said...

Congrats on your award - the art looks amazing. I totally agree that learning is the key to youth!
{stopping by via SITS}

LBDDiaries said...

Visiting via SITS and you are so right - keep learning and growing! When we keep our minds focused and busy, we don't have time for no stankin' aging!! Amazing artwork - can see why you won an award.