Follow along, It'll be fun!!

Friday, July 16, 2010

OMG!!

I've been working on the railroad...
Yes I've been working on my 3-D modeling class project. I promised to update as I made progress! Judging from the response to my last post I gather that it's not too exciting. Well I've completely scraped the station I was working on(I kinda knew I'd do that) and started over! I'm finally getting the hang of it. I just hope I can finish in time. I haven't even begun to texturize and add lighting. I think I'm in a bit of a jam:(
Here's what I have so far...I worked on the banister all day...all day...all the live long day...
Photobucket
This station also has two levels. It has six tracks. The concept is to make it a train station/art gallery.
Photobucket
This is the upper level. I still need to add the stairs.
Photobucket
Here's a view from the lower level tunnel.
Photobucket
Here's another upper level view.
Photobucket
I worked on this banister all day! I'm very proud of it!:)
Maya is one tough program but the possibilities are endless once you get the hang of it. (Not that I've gotten the hand of it yet)
I hope you'll check back in to see what the final project looks like.

2 comments:

Kristin Aquariann said...

Neat! 3-D modeling is not my cup of blueberry tea, so you have my admiration.

Melody said...

Wow, that looks pretty intense. I can't imagine working in 3D like that.