Follow along, It'll be fun!!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Creatively Fit 50 walk award!!

I have been awarded this lovely medal by my partner in crime, Hayley, over at Creatively Fit. You can read her lovely post here.
Hayley received a 50 walk award from me last week. You can see her award post here and her wonderful slide show here.



We have interviewed each other about our first 50 walks. You can read my answers below and read Hayley's here:)

Here is my slide show with music.(You may want to turn up the sound, it makes all the difference) It consists of 105 photos from my creatively fit walks.



50 Creatively Fit Walk Interview:

1. Do you have a favorite walk? Why is it your favorite? If so, could you post a link to it here so we can see your fabulous photos?
I would have to say, any walks I took with my family members were my favorites. I did love the walk my mother and I did together, at Rollins College and Park Ave in Winter Park.

2. Do you have a favorite photo or collage from your first 50 walks? Post the photo or collage here. Ok, this is a hard one, I love so many of them for different reasons. See slide show to get a glimpse at some favorites:)

3. Do you have a photography tip for us? Try the spin art photography, it's super fun!! Thanks Noah for discovering this! My overall tip would be, NEVER SAY NEVER. There are great photo opportunities in every situation even when there's not adequate lighting. One other tip would be to take pictures at extreme angles. Don't be afraid to lay down on the ground and get a little dirty, if you have to. Anything for a dynamic photo!

4. What have you learned about your own creativity? Do you feel you have grown creatively? If yes, how so? I have learned that you never stop learning and that there is always room for creative growth. Creativity is about being open to all possibilities! Creativety= an open mind

5.What was your fitness routine before Creatively Fit? I joined the gym and went religiously for a month and than...life got in the way. In my twenties I was commented to working out at the gym. In my thirties my babies kept me fit. Now in my early forties I'm realizing that it's up to me again!

6. Have you seen a change in yourself physically? More energy, increased stamina, weight loss...?
Definitely increased stamina and energy as well as firmer hips, thighs and gluts. I'm feeling pretty good!!


7. Fitness is not just about the physical. Have you seen a change in yourself mentally, emotionally or spiritually? Of course, if any of these questions seem too personal, you don't have to answer. Yes, I have seen growth in other ways. I feel so much more connected to the physical world and people around the world. When you are driving by the landscape at 60 mph it's hard to notice the little things. It's as if they didn't exist. Now, I find that something as tiny as a pebble sized weed, growing in a sidewalk crack, has potential. Now I just need a macro lens to capture it:)

8. Do you have a fitness tip for us? Yes, you can see it here. Another one would be, every step counts. A 5 minute walk is better than a 0 minute walk and so on... Getting up and moving is the first step to fitness!

9. How do you keep yourself motivated to get out there every day? Creatively fit teammates and the blog keep me motivated. I have a strong desire to connect with other and the blog makes that possible.

10. Any other words of wisdom about being creatively fit? Yes, join!! You won't be sorry.

Are you the next award winner?! Start thinking about your answers to these questions, and keep walking!!

Thank you! For following along on my Creatively Fit journey.
Have a great day!
Cindy

6 comments:

Capturing Sunshine said...

Bravo!! Nicely done!

M.M.E. said...

Congratulations! A really cool video.

thatdesigngal said...

Congratulations! WOOHOO! That's awesome!

I'm sorry that I have been absent from the blog, I'm hoping that I can get back on track soon...

Here's to 50 more!!!

Mary

Unknown said...

Great slide show! Yow really got some fantastic shots - it's hard to pick a favorite! Was that a heron with its wings outstretched? Gorgeous! Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Sandra Wilkes said...

Glad I found you. Hope I can your walking group. I go to gym fairly regularly but would love to add walking.
Mathy,Techy,Artsy Fartsy
Sandra

Sandra Wilkes said...

Me again. Here is my email address:
sandrameek@hotmail.com
Would love to join walking group.
Thanks.