Follow along, It'll be fun!!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Back to the Vision Board!

You may recall some earlier posts where I discussed my vision blog. You can read more about them HERE and HERE.
This is one of the pictures on my vision blog and board:

Photobucket

This is the pool I will have one day!
All things in good time!:) I believe it will happen but sometimes we must be patient, right?

This is the current backyard and my photoshopped version:
PhotobucketPhotobucket


I called two pool places and sent them my plat survey. One informed me that the widest we would be able to go with a pool would be 7' which is basically a lap pool:

Photobucket

A lap pool would be great for an adult but for two wildly active boys it spells trouble. So it appear that as long as we are living in this house a pool is out of the question:( I'm really bummed:(

Luckily I have a backup vision!:)
I posted this picture to my vision blog over a year ago!:

Photobucket

It's not a pool but it will offer some shade and some addition indoor/outdoor living space! I even like the way the vines cover the fence! That's something that I can start on right away. Confederate jasmine is in bloom and on sale all over the place right now and it smells wonderful!

Added to the vision is a spa!

Photobucket

We definitely have room for that! I would like to somehow incorperate it into a semi natural landscape.

It's not about giving up on the original dream. Sometimes you just have to make the best out of your current situation!

I'll keep you posted as the vision comes into focus:)

9 comments:

Teresa said...

Your visions are beautiful. Hold onto your dreams...I look forward to reading one day that they've come true!

Visiting from SITS. Have a great day.

Miles Of Style said...

great pics!

stopping by from SITS.

psst. don't forget to enter the Pink Lady Giveaway contest on my blog http://onestylemile.blogspot.com/

Persis.

Lizzie said...

How lovely, I wish you luck with your visions. :)
Stopped by from SITS, have a grand day!

KNB said...

Oh, how lovely! I think I'm going to start collecting photos of what I want my kitchen to look like--one day! Good luck with your yard and pool and hot tub and and and...

Stopping by from SITS
http://mommamaybemad.blogspot.com/2010/05/home-sick.html

Ms. Understood said...

Wonderful ideas for your backyard. I hope that you are able to accomplish them. I would love to get a spa for my back yard.

Ms. Understood from SITS

Morgan Hagey said...

Oh my gosh! I love your dream pool. Seriously!

Visiting from SITS- Morgan @ thedietcokediet.com :)

Linda said...

Hi, Your visions are beautiful and I can see them happening for you and your family. If you believe it, it will happen. I am stopping by from SITS. thank you for sharing. Please check my blog for our new arrival.
momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

Alissa Grosso said...

I like your visions. I sometimes draw out what I want with some magic markers, but my lack of artistic talent means that your photo-shopped visions are much, much prettier. Good luck!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Your dream pool looks like a pool at this little hotel that my cousins stayed at in Playa del Carmen. That is a good dream to have!

Stopping by from SITS to with you a happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!