My son challenged me to make a mailbox out of an oj carton. No, he didn't want to help. He just wanted to watch mommy work!:) But this project would be fun to do with a willing child!
1. One cleaned out oj or milk carton.
2. One exacto knife
3. Acrylic craft paints, brushes
4. One sheet of primed canvas (from one of those canvas pad you buy at the craft store.)
5. Craft glue
6. Hot glue gun
7. Decorative applique (whatever you have around the house. I used butterfly salt dough ornaments that I made for another project)
8. One paper towel roll
9. One styrofoam bowl.
1. Clean carton well
2. Cut three sides of the bottom with exacto knife.
3. Cut one piece of canvas so that it fits around the whole carton. I started with one 16"x20" sheet. Wrap sheet around carton to make creases.
4. Paint a different color for each panel.
5. Don't forget to cut a piece of canvas for the top of the carton and cut a hole for the lid. Paint that piece too.
6.Once the paint has dried, apply craft glue to the back and wrap around the carton.
7. Cut one more piece of canvas for the door of the mailbox. Paint and monogram. Glue to door!
8.To make the base; Wrap paper towel roll with canvas allowing extra canvas to hang off one end. Cut slits around the canvas that is hanging over the edge. (this will be use to glue roll to bottom of carton. Paint. Paint bowl matching color. Cut a hole into the bottom of the bowl big enough to stick the roll through. If it doesn't fit snugly reinforce with hot glue. Glue canvas on the other end of the roll, to the bottom of the carton.
9.Apply decorative elements with craft glue or hot glue gun. Done!
Display proudly in your home and fill with love notes to your family members!
I'm participating in Amy's Round Robin!
Please stop by and see more wonderful Valentine Day projects and ideas!
Go to Today's Creative blog (one of the best blogs ever!) to see more great crafts!
And My Romantic Home